|This Month||Last Month||Name||Country||Best 8 Results||# of Events|
|17||17||Dittrich, Lina Bödecker||GER||398.5||5|
|20||20||St. Mary, Cindy||USA||276||3|
|35T||33T||Mossavar Rahmani, Gohar||SWE||100||1|
|35T||33T||Mossavar Rahmani, Niloofar||SWE||100||1|
|New Tournaments this Month|
|2015 JamBritannia – Mixed|
|2015 JamBritannia – Open Co-op|
|2015 JamBritannia – Mixed|
|2015 JamBritannia – Open Co-op|
|2015 Beachstylers – Open, Turboshred|
|1234 Seasons Hat – Edition Fall 2015 – Random Co-op|
|2015 Anzio Jam – Open Pairs|
|2015 Spiritcamp – Open Pairs|
|2015 Butch Cassidy Cup – Open|
|2015 Sandslash – Open|
|2015 American Freestyle Championships – Mixed Pairs|
|2015 American Freestyle Championships – Women Pairs|
|2015 American Freestyle Championships – Open Pairs, Open Co-op|
|2015 WFDF World Overall Flying Disc Championships – Women|
|2015 WFDF World Overall Flying Disc Championships – Open Pairs, Juniors|
|123four Seasons Hat Tournament – Edition Summer 2015 – Random Open|
|40th Annual Wisconsin State Overall Flying Disc Tournament – Open Pairs, Juniors|
|2015 FPAW – Mixed Pairs|
|2015 FPAW – Women Pairs|
|2015 FPAW – Open Co-op|
|2015 FPAW – Open Pairs|
|2015 Bollenhut – Random Pairs|
|2015 EFC – Women Pairs|
|2015 EFC – Mixed Pairs|
|2015 EFC – Pairs, Co-op|
|2015 The Jammers – Mixed Pairs|
|2015 The Jammers – Open|
|2015 German Open – Mixed Pairs|
|2015 German Open – Pairs, Co-op|
|1234-Seasons Hat – Edition Spring 2015 – Random Co-op|
|2015 Bibione – Italian Open Challenge – Mixed|
|2015 Bibione – Italian Open Challenge – Pairs, Co-op|
|2015 Jampionsleague – Open Pairs|
|2015 Virginia States – Open|
|2015 Paganello – Pairs, Co-op|
|2015 Ocean Beach Wintershred – Pairs|
|2015 Frisbeer Cup – Mixed|
|2015 Frisbeer Cup – Open Pairs, Co-op|
|2015 Berlin Hat – Winter Edition – Random Open Pairs|
|2014 Lazzaroni – Open Pairs, Co-op|
|2014 American Freestyle Championship – Women|
|2014 American Freestyle Championship – Mixed|
|2014 American Freestyle Championship – Pairs, Co-op|
|Ilkas Birthday Hat – Random Open Pairs|
|2014 Anzio Jam – Open Pairs|
|2014 Berlin Hat – Fall Edition – Random Open Pairs|
|2014 Torino Street Style – Open Pairs, Co-op|
|2014 Sandslash – Open Pairs, Co-op|
|2014 Japan Overall – Open Pairs, Challenge (Amateurs)|
|2014 Butch Cassidy Cup – Open Pairs|
|2014 FPA Worlds – Women|
|2014 FPA Worlds – Mixed|
|2014 FPA Worlds – Co-op|
|2014 FPA Worlds – Pairs|
|2014 US Open Overall – Women|
|2014 US Open Overall – Open|
|123 Four Seasons Hat – Summer 2014 Edition – Hat|
|2014 Potlatch – Open Pairs|
|2014 Amsterjam – Open Pairs|
|2014 Mountain Alternative Open – Pairs, Co-op|
|2014 Jammers – Mixed|
|2014 Jammers – Open|
|2014 German Championships – Mixed|
|2014 German Championships – Pairs, Co-op|
|2014 EFC – Rome – Women|
|2014 EFC – Rome – Mixed|
|2014 EFC – Rome – Pairs, Co-op|
|123 Four Seasons Hat Spring 2014 Edition – Hat|
|Jampionsleague 4.0 – Open Pairs|
|2014 Paganello – Mixed|
|2014 Paganello – Pairs, Co-op|
|2014 Virginia States – Open|
|123 Four Seasons Hat – Winter 2014 Edition – Random Pairs|
|2014 Frisbeer – Mixed|
|2014 Frisbeer – Pairs, Co-op|
|2013 JikJam – Open Pairs|
|2013 Ocean Beach Turboshred – December – Turboshred|
|Aichi Flying Disc Tournament 2013 – Mixed|
|Aichi Flying Disc Tournament 2013 – Open, Intermediate|
|Old Tournaments no longer counted|
|2013 Sonoma Shred and Turboshred – Turboshred|
|2013 Lazzaroni – Pairs, Co-op|
FPA WOMEN’S RANKINGS UPDATE – DECEMBER 2015
The new year is well underway and it is now a good time to renew your FPA membership. If you were a paid up member last year, your membership will be expiring on January 31.
If you skipped a year or have never been an FPA member before, we hope you will consider becoming one this year.
There are many good reasons to become a current, paid-up member of the FPA:
- you’ll have a chance to vote in FPA surveys and elections and have a real influence on the sport
- you’ll get to compete at FPA sponsored tournaments (like FPA Worlds in Medellín, Colombia at the end of August)
- you’ll be entitled to significant discounts on freestyle discs and other merchandise, including rare collector discs at Wrightlife.com (US) and Ultimo.cz (Europe)
- you’ll get your permanent FPA number
- you’ll support activities to spread the jam to new places across the globe!
- you’ll also become eligible to apply for an FPA grant to support your own spread the jam activities
- lastly but importantly, you will give more meaning to the work of many volunteers (members of the FPA board and specialized working groups) who are putting much effort, publicly or behind the scenes, into bettering the sport of freestyle disc
One more reason to join now!
If you join the FPA before the end of February 2023, part of your membership fee* will be used towards the New Year, New Champion fundraiser which will allow an upcoming player to travel and compete at the FPA World Championships.
This applies also to all our auto-renewing members using the PayPal subscription payments. If you are one of them, no action is required from your side.
* 25 % of the Regular fee, 50 % of the Platinum fee
Good to know:
- The FPA membership is FREE for the first year (and also for juniors until they turn 18)
- your 2023 membership will be valid till January 31, 2024
- you can check your membership status here
Find out more and JOIN THE FPA / RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP HERE
Dear jammers, here’s a major update on rankings and ratings. Please read down here to learn about it!
- The rankings rank players’ based on their top-8 tournament results over a two-year period. This is the same as the old rankings—only implemented through new technology and with a few minor tweaks. It will continue to be the official rankings used for seeding FPA tournaments for now.
- Players receive points based on how they place in a tournament division. The higher the placement, the more points.
- Players receive more points if there are more players (not teams) in the division.
- Players receive 200 bonus points for FPA Worlds and 100 bonus points for FPA Majors.
- There are no longer bonus points based on beating highly ranked players. (This reduces the system’s complexity and had little impact on the final rankings.)
- The Open rankings does not count mixed or challengers division. This is how the original rankings system was designed. Women’s rankings counts all tournament results.
- COVID Protocol: The rankings counts all tournaments after FPAW 2018 to the end of 2022 except for tournaments during 2020, 2021, and 2022 up to FPAW 2022. (Those tournaments are counted for ratings.)
- The ratings system is a lifetime player rating based on all of the tournament results in the rating system.
- The ratings system uses a different method of calculation based on an ELO model. An ELO model rewards -ratings points based on how players perform relative to their skill—if a player over-performs relative to their skill level, they receive more ELO points.
- The rating system currently has all results from 2013 to the present. More tournaments will be added in the future.
- The rating system will not be used to seed FPA events, but it may be helpful for wildcard seeding.
(A more detailed and technical explanation for the new ranking and rating systems can be found HERE.)
Ryan Young developed the code to generate these rankings and ratings to replace the old spreadsheet rankings system. Originally, the FPA intended to phase in the new systems to replace the old system. Unfortunately, there were no resources to continue maintaining the old system and so the FPA is moving ahead with the new systems. In addition, the new ranking system produced results substantially similar to the old ranking system and so the FPA does not expect the changes to affect players’ rankings or seedings going forward.
Release Schedule: There will be one official year-end ranking per year in December. There will also be a mid-year, non-official rankings: A six-month ranking in June and a pre-FPAW ranking for seeding.
Send us results: If you have tournament results to add in the future, please contact us at: email@example.com. We are working on a new system for tournament directors to send results soon.
Name Updates: If you appear in the rankings twice under different names, or would like us to change your name, country, or gender, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Ranking: If you do not appear on the women’s rankings and think you should, please let us know. We likely need to add a gender designation to your player key in the data.
The FPA board wish you all a happy new year and a lots of Zzzz!