Greeting FPA members and Interested Others!
The time to submit your awesome disc design for the annual FPA Disc Design Contest is now ! As you know, each year we review some amazing designs created by those who appreciate the art of jamming. And, this year is no different.
If your design is selected as the 2019 FPA Disc, you will receive:
- 10 Skystyler discs with YOUR design!
- Promotional appreciation and links on the FPA website and social media!
Please note the following FPA Disc Design Contest requirements:
1. Please include the words “Freestyle Players Association” and ” freestyledisc. org” for the Discraft Skystylers and Wham-O 100-molds
3. Traditionally, special emphasis and attention is given to those designs that incorporate the names (or likenesses) of the 2018 FPA World Champions, although NOT mandatory.
*· Current 2018 champions:*
Lisa Hunrichs and Emma Kahle (Women’s pairs)
Lisa Hunrichs and Matt Gauthier (Mixed pairs)
Ryan Young and James Wiseman (Open pairs)
Ryan Young, Pavel Baranyk and Dave Schiller (Co-op)
4. *Print specs for the disc are as follows:*
- Light ink (no large solid areas) and very little or no ink in the center. Jammers will want to delay the disc upside down, so we need space in the center to allow this;
- Two ink (= foil) colors. You can choose different color combinations for different disc (plastic) colors, although it is preferable that the one color combination is working for all disc colors (usually we do yellow, white and orange). Check all available ink (= foil) colors here: http://www.discgolf.discraft.com/sdhotstamp.html
If your design is selected, then we will have you split the two colors into separate files/layers. But, for the contest, please send us one file with both colors featured.
5. Please PLEASE review the art requirements as described by Discraft. It is mandatory the art meet the following requirements before any art is chosen: http://www.ultimate.discraft.com/art.html
Send questions and artwork to email@example.com. Artwork will be organized and narrowed down by the FPA Board of Directors. Artwork selected becomes property of the FPA and the FPA reserves the right to modify the selected design.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 5 NOVEMBER 2018
As we do every year, we look forward to receiving your designs and thank you all for your continued support of the Freestyle Players Association!
*Your FPA Board of Directors*
For the reference and inspiration, here you can check the winning desings from past years (2014 – 2018):