There are 5 elected positions on the FPA’s Board of Directors and every November, elections are held for 1-2 of the Board Director jobs for 3-year terms (consistent with the FPA By Laws).
Newly elected Board position terms begin in January of next year.
The position that is up for election this year for a full 3-year term is:
- President (2022-2024)
Please nominate your candidates* or nominate yourself for position of President.
Just send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Subject Line “FPA Board Nomination”:
- Candidate’s name*;
- 1-2 paragraph summary of interest and qualifications for the position
* Make sure that whoever you nominate is in agreement that they wish to be nominated before you suggest them.
Please consider using your energies to help improve our sport in these strange times! The President position will run for 3 years, starting January 1, 2022.
There are a lot of exciting things going on, and leading the FPA would put you at the forefront of all of it!
Deadline to submit nominations will be October 3. Again, email your nominations to Bethany at email@example.com
Nominee write-ups will then be made available via freestyledisc.org, jammers on the net and the FPA Facebook page soon after.
Voting will likely be available to FPA membership 2-14 November with announcement soon after.
Description of the position:
- The President ensures the sport is following the organization’s core mission vision and values as delineated here http://www.freestyledisc.org/about-fpa/
- The President is tasked with providing strong leadership for the FPA by working with the board and other stakeholders to establish short and long-term goals, plans and strategies. The President is responsible for presiding over the entire sport and will manage budgets, make sure resources are allocated properly and ensure organizational obligations are met.
- The President represents the FPA with external organizations such as WFDF, disc manufacturers, storefront operators and others.