Hey FPA members!
We have an exciting opportunity in front of us!
During the recent nomination process for FPA President, Freddy Finner and Edo Turri proposed to the FPA Board an idea for reorganization that we wholeheartedly agree with. Their idea is to work as a team basically with one as President and the other as Vice President. This will require a By-Law change that needs voting on. With that opportunity they also suggested a number of other By-Law edits to clean up the document and be consistent with their ideas….all of which the Board again agrees with. Further, they have expressed many exciting ideas to capture untapped energy in our sport. Please see the following 3 documents.
Document 1 – The By-Laws with highlighted proposed changes
Document 2 – the proposed By-Laws cleaned up in “final form”
Document 3 – what became a driver for this change: their presentation to all of us explaining their concept more personally.
Note although Freddy and Edoardo are proposing this (and were the only ones to be nominated) we will need to re-open the nomination process for President/Vice President and Membership Director (currently a “Member at Large” position) should the By-Laws changes be approved. The nomination would then start on November 8 – see the timeline below. Here you can find the description of the three positions.
If you are a current FPA member (check here), go to your inbox where you will find the Survey Monkey link and, please, vote!
(If you are not a current FPA member, you can still renew your membership or join the FPA for the first time and take part in the vote. Note that if you join/renew now your membership will be extended to 2022.)
The process will be as follows:
• October 25 (today) – start of voting process for members on the By-Laws
• October 25 (today) – publish presentation of Edo and Freddy
• November 8 – end of voting process for the By-Laws
• November 8 – publish results and new By-Laws if passed
• November 8 – extending deadline for nomination for President, Vice President and Membership Director
• November 8 – start of nomination process for President, Vice President and Membership Director
• November 15 – end of nomination for President, Vice President and Membership Director
• November 15 – start of election for President (3 years), Vice President (2 years) and Membership Director (3 years)
• November 30 – end of election (15 days)
• December 3 – publish results of election
President, FPA Board of Directors
Dates are 7-10 September 2022 (Wed-Sat) in Tel Aviv. The site is the soccer field at Hodar Yosef Athletic Stadium next to the Velodrome. The surface is a top quality natural turf. Backup gym site is nearby as well.
Here is a map to the site:
Here is a video of the Velodrome and the Stadium complex:
Stay tuned for more information as it rolls in!
There are 5 elected positions on the FPA’s Board of Directors and every November, elections are held for 1-2 of the Board Director jobs for 3-year terms (consistent with the FPA By Laws).
Newly elected Board position terms begin in January of next year.
The position that is up for election this year for a full 3-year term is:
Please nominate your candidates* or nominate yourself for position of President.
Just send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Subject Line “FPA Board Nomination”:
- Candidate’s name*;
- 1-2 paragraph summary of interest and qualifications for the position
* Make sure that whoever you nominate is in agreement that they wish to be nominated before you suggest them.
Please consider using your energies to help improve our sport in these strange times! The President position will run for 3 years, starting January 1, 2022.
There are a lot of exciting things going on, and leading the FPA would put you at the forefront of all of it!
Deadline to submit nominations will be October 3. Again, email your nominations to Bethany at email@example.com
Nominee write-ups will then be made available via freestyledisc.org, jammers on the net and the FPA Facebook page soon after.
Voting will likely be available to FPA membership 2-14 November with announcement soon after.
Description of the position:
- The President is tasked with providing strong leadership for the FPA by working with the board and other stakeholders to establish short and long-term goals, plans and strategies. The President is responsible for presiding over the entire sport and will manage budgets, make sure resources are allocated properly and ensure organizational obligations are met.
- The President represents the FPA with external organizations such as WFDF, disc manufacturers, storefront operators and others.