Greeting FPA members and Interested Others!
The time to submit your awesome disc design for the annual FPA Disc Design Contest is now open! As you know, each year we review some amazing designs created by those who appreciate the art of jamming. And, this year is no different.
We are now open to submissions for the 2017 FPA discs, which are generously printed and donated to the FPA each year by DISCRAFT; and 100 molds (one
color) printed by DISCOVERING THE WORLD!
All submissions should be sent to thejammer69(at)gmail.com (Paul’s email) and they’ll be organized and narrowed down by the FPA Board of Directors.
If your design is selected as the 2017 FPA Disc, you will receive:
· 10 Skystyler discs with YOUR design! (and 10 Wham-o 100 molds, if available)
· A jammer-level FPA membership and packet for the year 2017!
· Promotional appreciation and links on the FPA website and our new FPA Forum!
· Your design will also be posted on the FPA store at zazzle.com
Please note the following FPA Disc Design Contest requirements:
1. *Light ink* (no large solid areas) and very little or no ink in the center. Jammers will want to delay the disc upside down, so we need space in the center to allow this;
2. Please include the words “Freestyle Players Association” and ” freestyledisc. org” for the Discraft Skystylers and Wham-O 100-molds. Traditionally, special emphasis and attention is given to those designs that incorporate the names (or likenesses) of the 2016 FPA World Champions, although NOT mandatory.
*· Current 2016 champions:*
Women’s Pairs – Amy Schiller, Lori Daniels
Open Pairs- Christian Lamred, Tom Leitner
Mixed Pairs – Lisa Hunrichs, Matt Gauthier
Open Coop- Alex Leist, Christian Lamred, Florian Hess
3. *Print specs for the disc are as follows:*
If your design is selected, then we will have you split the two colors into separate files/layers. But, for the contest, please send us one file with both colors featured.
· 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) in diameter
· Minimum line weight tolerance: 1pt
· Maximum line weight: “no larger than approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm)
(Please be sure to use the “create outline” option on all text for Illustrator and PhotoShop files)
4. Format: jpeg (and please have the others files ready). The final design can be an Adobe Illustrator (Mac and PC) file, Adobe PhotoShop (Mac and PC) files, or .tif files.
5. All artwork submitted electronically should be two megabytes or less. You can use WinZip (PC) or Stuff-it (Mac) if you need to compress your file to make the file smaller.
6. *Send questions and artwork to Paul Kenny* at thejammer69( at)gmail. com. Artwork selected becomes property of the FPA and the FPA reserves the right to modify the selected design.
7. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 5 NOVEMBER 2016
As we do every year, we look forward to receiving your designs and thank you all for your continued support of the Freestyle Players Association!
*Your 2016 FPA Board of Directors*