Calling all Artists:
It is time to submit your awesome disc design to the FPA Disc Design Contest judges.
Z and Tita believe that the design effect the jam. The best designs always produce the best play. Bring your art to the jam.
As the winning FPA Disc Design artist you will receive:
- 10 discs with YOUR design!
- a jammer-level FPA membership and packet for the year 2016!
- promotional appreciation and links on the FPA website!
Your design will also be posted on the FPA store at zazzle.com
FPA Disc Design Contest requirements:
- Light ink (no large solid areas) and very little or no ink in the center.
- 2. Include the words “Freestyle Players Association” and “freestyledisc. org” for the Skysylers and Wham-O for the 100molds. Traditionally, special emphasis and attention will be given to those designs that incorporate the names (or likenesses) of the 2015 FPA World Champions, although NOT mandatory.
Women’s Pairs – Lisa Hunrichs, Emma Kahle
Open Pairs- Mehrdad Hosseinian , Paul Kenny
Mixed Pairs – Lisa Hunrichs, Matt Gauthier
Open Coop- Paul Kenny, Balu Major, Marco Prati
- Print specs for the disc are as follows:
- Two colors! Send each color separation as an individual file or on separate layers.
- 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) in diameter
- Minimum line weight tolerance: 1pt
- Maximum line weight: “no larger than approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm)”
(Please be sure to use the “create outline” option on all text for Illustrator and PhotoShop files. )
- Format: jpeg (have the others files ready- The final design can be either an Adobe Illustrator (Mac and PC) file, Adobe PhotoShop (Mac and PC) files, or .tif files.
- All artwork submitted electronically should be two megabytes or less. You can use WinZip (PC) or Stuff-it (Mac) if you need to compress your file to make the file smaller.
- Send questions and artwork to Z Weyand at email@example.com (please cc Tita Ugalde at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Agreement that the design becomes property of the FPA and the FPA reserves the right to modify the submitted design.
- The deadline is October 17, 2015.
Looking forward to receiving your designs,
The 2015 FPA Board of Directors