Dates are 7-10 September 2022 (Wed-Sat) in Tel Aviv. The site is the soccer field at Hodar Yosef Athletic Stadium next to the Velodrome. The surface is a top quality natural turf. Backup gym site is nearby as well.
Here is a map to the site:
Here is a video of the Velodrome and the Stadium complex:
Stay tuned for more information as it rolls in!
There are 5 elected positions on the FPA’s Board of Directors and every November, elections are held for 1-2 of the Board Director jobs for 3-year terms (consistent with the FPA By Laws).
Newly elected Board position terms begin in January of next year.
The position that is up for election this year for a full 3-year term is:
Please nominate your candidates* or nominate yourself for position of President.
Just send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Subject Line “FPA Board Nomination”:
- Candidate’s name*;
- 1-2 paragraph summary of interest and qualifications for the position
* Make sure that whoever you nominate is in agreement that they wish to be nominated before you suggest them.
Please consider using your energies to help improve our sport in these strange times! The President position will run for 3 years, starting January 1, 2022.
There are a lot of exciting things going on, and leading the FPA would put you at the forefront of all of it!
Deadline to submit nominations will be October 3. Again, email your nominations to Bethany at email@example.com
Nominee write-ups will then be made available via freestyledisc.org, jammers on the net and the FPA Facebook page soon after.
Voting will likely be available to FPA membership 2-14 November with announcement soon after.
Description of the position:
- The President is tasked with providing strong leadership for the FPA by working with the board and other stakeholders to establish short and long-term goals, plans and strategies. The President is responsible for presiding over the entire sport and will manage budgets, make sure resources are allocated properly and ensure organizational obligations are met.
- The President represents the FPA with external organizations such as WFDF, disc manufacturers, storefront operators and others.
after a long consideration we decided not to proceed with EFO this year. There were several reasons leading to this decision.
- Covid uncertanity – even though the situation is still good here in Czech Republic, there are some indications in other countries that things could still go sideways…same as last fall. Plus EFO was supposed to be an indoor event and if there are any restrictions put in place again, indoor events will be the first to get canceled.
- Money – as we started to think about hosting the event relatively late, we were not able to get any extra financial support and the budget would rely solely on the entry fees. And with the above-mentioned uncertanity we would be risking loosing a lot of money if not enough people showed up (just renting the gym for 3 days would require at least 50 players paying the full fee of 60 €).
- Not enough time – I personally am running or co-running 4 disc golf tournaments within a month from the planned EFO date. Other members of Frisbeer crew are busy as well and we just would’t be able to invest enough time to bring you the event on a level you are used to. If we host an event, especially one like EFO, we want to have it a TOP quality and we just feel we could not pull this off this time.
I’m sure all of you understand these reasons and we’ll just have to wait for the first after-covid major a bit longer.
We really hope to be able to host you in Prague for Frisbeer Cup 2022. The date we aim for is February 25 – 27 so mark your calendars. If it’s happening, it will be BIG!
Zzzz’s and hugs,
Jakub Koštel and Frisbeer crew